The Battalion® Universal Spacer System offers Comfort, Control and Innovative Design for surgeons performing PLIF/TLIF procedures. The Battalion® implants introduce a new alternative to interbody fusion by combining the elasticity and radiolucency of PEEK with a Titanium coating for potential osseointegration. The Battalion® Posterior Straight (PS) and Posterior Curved (PC) implants are offered in multiple footprints, 5 degree lordotic angles and varying widths to match patient anatomy. The implants feature a bulleted nose for easy insertion and the option to implant and rotate or turning the cage in-situ.
The Battalion® System also features an intuitive 180 degree locking inserter, ensuring proper implant placement and disengagement every time. To further market potential, the Battalion® System features state-of-the-art instrumentation for disc prep, access and implantation. Each instrument was designed with ergonomics, surgeon comfort and tactile feel in mind.
Unique Selling Points
- Ease of use: dual-patterned silicone grips and ergonomics of the handles
- Handling for patient safety: Inserters feature 180 degree locking mechanism to control cage during implantation and removal
- Clinical benefit: Implants are Ti Coated for potential osseointegration and are made to withstand insertion and rotation/turning technique; Wide variety of footprint and height options for PLIF/TLIF procedures
- Bullet nose facilitates easy insertion
- Multiple footprint options accommodate varying patient anatomy
- Bi-convex shape maximizes endplate contact
- Large graft area allows for adequate use of bone graft material
- Small, medium and large sizes in 25, 30 and 35mm lengths
- Heights ranging from 7-15mm
 Prashanth J Rao, MS, Matthew H Pelletier, PhD, William R Walsh, PhD, Ralph J Mobbs, MS, FRACS, et. Al., Spine Interbody Implants: Material Selection and Modification, Functionalization and Bioactivation of Surfaces to Improve Osseointegration. Orthopaedic Surgery Volume 6 · Number 2 · May, 2014