A customizable response to a patient’s unique anatomical challenges
The Battalion Lateral System with the Squadron Lateral Retractor provides surgeons with a next-generation lateral system with unrivaled, unique functionality designed to improve clinical outcomes by reducing tissue creep, minimizing psoas retraction time, and achieving alignment and fusion objectives.
The system is designed to allow surgeons to customize the access to match the patient’s unique anatomy including:
- Independent retraction of the cranial/caudal blades
- DepthControl™ technology that provides in-situ, low profile, blade height adjustment
- LevelToe™ mechanics ensure that the blades maintain a parallel plane when toed
- Straight, angled, and offset instrumentation to provide access to the L4/L5 segment
- Robust implant/inserter interface with one step ETA (engage, twist, attach) loading
- Intelligent instrumentation featuring Stealth Coating™ to minimize glare, AlphaTexture™ handles, and modular instruments with depth and orientation markings
The Squadron Lateral Retractor is compatible with most neuromonitoring platforms enabling access safely through the psoas. The system is recommended for use with the Arsenal Spinal Fixation System or the Illico® MIS Posterior Fixation System. The Battalion Lateral implant is also cleared for use with both autograft and allograft biologic materials.